Wednesday 5 February 2014

Product Review - Benefit - They're Real Mascara

I have used a few benefit mascara's before. My favourite being Bad Girl Bad Lash mascara.
I have oily lashes and I find that a lot of mascara's glide off of my lashes and onto my face creating a not so glamourous black eye look. For this reason I tend to choose waterproof mascara's as they tend to have a stronger staying power.
Whilst purchasing my normal Bad Girl mascara the assistant recommended that I try the new They're Real Mascara. I was a bit unsure as it is not waterproof but as it is smudge proof I thought I should give it a go.
The packaging is really informative and explains how the mascara should be applied to achieve the best result and also shows a before and after photo.
I really like the silver mirror effect mascara tube. It makes a nice change from the regular black tubes and makes it nice and easy to find in the depths of your make-up bag. 
The brush is a good size although the bristles were shorter than I expected. The head of the brush is flexible which was different to the mascara's I normally use. Both of these features allowed me to coat my lashes close to the lid and gave me greater control of curling and separating my lashes.
The mascara was a nice texture. My lashes felt thick and full of volume. This feeling lasted throughout the day. 
4 hours after application I took a photo of my eyes and the mascara had stayed in place - No black eyes! 
I would recommend this mascara to someone that wants a dramatic lash effect that will last all day. It now has a perminant home in my make-up bag. 



No comments:

Post a Comment