Tuesday 3 December 2013

Task 1 - Set your budget

A wedding is not a performance... Its a celebration... A celebration of love and the start of your new lives together. 
The Budget helps you to set the foundation of your wedding, and gives you an understanding of what you will need to work towards.
The easiest way to set your budget is to look at your disposable income-calculate what you can REALISTICALLY afford and times the amount by the period of time you have to save.
example Save £400 per month x 15 months = a saving of £6000   
A wedding should only cost what you want it to cost.
You should not be tempted to borrow as although its a special day, its just one day. After this day you have the rest of your lives to enjoy,which is a lot more important than spending it paying back debt.
It is also important when setting your budget that you make sure your focusing on what is right for you. Block out other peoples expectations and demands and focus solely on you and what you want and more importantly what you can afford.
I am in the process of saving the same amount as in the example. Along the way we have had peaks and struggles but by the end of our savings we are hoping to hit the target amount.
We have had a lot of people think that a wedding is simply not possible for the amount that we have saved or that we will need to cut too many corners. As you join me through my blog you will see how we have achieved it. I have not compromised my expectations and I am excited to see the final result.
If you have any questions on affordability or budget setting please post below and I will do my utmost to help you out. 
As I said earlier A Wedding should only cost as much as you want it to.
There are a million different ways to host a wedding and a million different ways to make it perfect.

3 comments:

  1. I've followed you on Bloglovin :-) I'm not actively planning a wedding yet (Boyf is taking his time at proposing lol) but I have planned on before and it got me so stressed out. The next time I plan my wedding I really want to feel in control :-) Can't wait to read more posts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following me!! I really appreciate it.
    I really REALLY struggled to find anything to do with how to make a wedding cost effective. I had lots of tears, stress, and the the final WOO HOO moment!
    If you ever want to discuss anything without it being displayed you can always email me directly on the-wedding-assistant@outlook.com . Look out for my next post on finding the right venue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also just to let you know that the blog lovin blogger is a different person.

    ReplyDelete